History of Church

The history of the Parish Church is a long and interesting one.  There were originally three separate parishes each with their own churches, Creeting St Mary, Creeting All Saints and Creeting St Olave.  St Olave had ceased to be used regularly by about 1553 but All Saints continued to 1801 when it was pulled down and the stones used to create a north aisle.  The parishes are all consolidated into Creeting St Mary.  The churches of All Saints and particularly St Olave were investigated in a Millenium Project and a summary of some of the finding can be found on this website Creeting Churches Project

A leaflet written in 1958 provides a good history of the parishes and their churches. Creeting St Mary Church History

This article published in the Suffolk Chronicle and Mercury in 1932 in the series Pocket Histories of Suffolk also gives some interesting details. Pocket History – Creeting St Mary (although it gets the details about the tower wrong!)