The history of the Parish Church is a long and interesting one. There were originally three separate parishes each with their own churches, Creeting St Mary, Creeting All Saints and Creeting St Olave. St Olave had ceased to be used regularly by about 1553 but All Saints continued to 1801 when it was pulled down and the stones used to create a north aisle. The parishes are all consolidated into Creeting St Mary. The churches of All Saints and particularly St Olave were investigated in a Millenium Project and a summary of some of the finding can be found on this website Creeting Churches Project
A leaflet written in 1958 provides a good history of the parishes and their churches. Creeting St Mary Church History
This article published in the Suffolk Chronicle and Mercury in 1932 in the series Pocket Histories of Suffolk also gives some interesting details. Pocket History – Creeting St Mary (although it gets the details about the tower wrong!)
The churchyard around the church of Creeting St Mary records the lives and deaths of many parishioners from the village over many years. he village WI completed a full survey of all the graves in the churchyard in 1981.
A summary of the work undertaken can be seen here. WI Grave survey
A full plan of the churchyard was produced, which was revised in 1990. Creeting St Mary Churchyard Plan.
The inscriptions on every grave were recorded and this can be seen here. Full Graveyard Survey
A war memorial records the fallen in two world wars.
The full inscription is recorded here. War Memorial Inscriptions
Research has also been done into the lives of some of those recorded on the memorial. These can be read here. The Lost Men of Creeting